(above – me teaching TurboKick, the ultimate cardio workout!)
Hi my name is Brit and I’m a cardio junkie…
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all about pumpin’ iron (lifting weights) and vinyasa flowin’ (yoga), but if push comes to shove I ALWAYS go for cardio! Just 10-15 minutes of brisk walking, jumping jacks, high knee running and/or jumping rope does so much for my body. Cardio exercise is my workout of choice and here’s why…
- Fast Results – If I’m trying drop a few pounds, cardio workouts allow me to reach my goal faster!
- Max Calorie Burn – Simply put, 1 hour of cardio burns ~600 calories while 1 hour of yoga/pilates burns ~300 calories
- Sweat Out the Toxins – Afer 30 minutes of moving I’m dripping in sweat, feeling detoxed and enjoying my glowing skin!
- Larger Lung Capacity – The harder I push myself, the harder it is to breathe and the stronger my lungs become.
- Strong Heart – Cardio workouts quickly elevate my heart rate allowing me to strengthen the most important muscle in my body – my HEART!
- More Energy – Compared to other forms of exercise, cardio requires the most vigorous amount of movement which energizes my mind, body and soul 😉
Most people think that cardio means you have to be on a boring machine casually walking, cycling or rowing. However, there’s lots of fun cardio options like kickboxing, dance and athletic drills. Here’s a 15 minute home cardio workout that I like to do if I’m running low on time. Don’t forget you can also do the GRIT by Brit Ultimate Body Burn DVD for a 30 minute total body burn 😉
And just for a little extra workout motivation, here’s a picture of 1 of my favorite workout tank tops that always get me pumped for some cardio! Kiss my sweat #GRIT