(above – me teaching TurboKick, the ultimate cardio workout!)
Hi my name is Brit and I’m a cardio junkie…
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all about pumpin’ iron (lifting weights) and vinyasa flowin’ (yoga), but if push comes to shove I ALWAYS go for cardio! Just 10-15 minutes of brisk walking, jumping jacks, high knee running and/or jumping rope does so much for my body. Cardio exercise is my workout of choice and here’s why…
- Fast Results – If I’m trying drop a few pounds, cardio workouts allow me to reach my goal faster!
- Max Calorie Burn – Simply put, 1 hour of cardio burns ~600 calories while 1 hour of yoga/pilates burns ~300 calories
- Sweat Out the Toxins – Afer 30 minutes of moving I’m dripping in sweat, feeling detoxed and enjoying my glowing skin!
- Larger Lung Capacity – The harder I push myself, the harder it is to breathe and the stronger my lungs become.
- Strong Heart – Cardio workouts quickly elevate my heart rate allowing me to strengthen the most important muscle in my body – my HEART!
- More Energy – Compared to other forms of exercise, cardio requires the most vigorous amount of movement which energizes my mind, body and soul 😉
Most people think that cardio means you have to be on a boring machine casually walking, cycling or rowing. However, there’s lots of fun cardio options like kickboxing, dance and athletic drills. Here’s a 15 minute home cardio workout that I like to do if I’m running low on time. Don’t forget you can also do the GRIT by Brit Ultimate Body Burn DVD for a 30 minute total body burn 😉
And just for a little extra workout motivation, here’s a picture of 1 of my favorite workout tank tops that always get me pumped for some cardio! Kiss my sweat #GRIT
New Year New You!
Get to Know Candace
- GOAL: lose 10-12 pounds and 2-3 inches
- Exercise: I currently do PiYo, 24 Cycle and TRX training, but I would like to incorporate more cardio options. I like Turbo Kick, but I’m not very coordinated, so I feel like I’m not properly maximizing my efforts in the class. I’ve considered trying an actual boxing class and I’m open to any other recommendations you have.
- Focus areas: I would really like to tone my upper body, core and lower body (basically all over!). I also would like to increase my endurance for strengthening exercises.
- Diet: I have a major addition to sugar, more so sweets (chocolate, cookies, cupcakes). I know I have to practically eliminate sugar to get the results I’m seeking, so I have a strict eating plan that I’ve used in the past that I’ll try again. Any suggestions you can provide would be helpful. I don’t really have any other major eating problems, I generally stay away from salty snacks, beef/pork, bread, fried foods and fast food. I love fruits and veggies, so I need to stock up for generous portions each day. I also need to focus on increasing my water intake, I usually only consume 40-50oz. per day.
Brit’s 3-week Plan for Candace
- Start Date: January 7, 2013
- End Date: January 27, 2013
Check back every Monday for Candace’s progress report and see how she knocks out these 10 pounds! If you are looking for a New Year Shape Up Kick Start, try the plan yourself!
Happy BLACK FRIDAY everyone! What better way to celebrate Black Friday than trying on some hot, sexy new clothes and being able to fit them all? Well that’s exactly what Alex is getting to do today. On this very special Black Friday, Alex has officially completed her 4-week SHRED challenge and is celebrating some BIG WINS! Here is her update – enjoy 🙂
So my GRIT by Brit 4-week SHRED Plan has come to and end I can proudly say…
- I lost 7 pounds and lost an inch or two in the waist
- I could fit into a dress I purchased in April and look good in it!
- Made it to see my 29th birthday and felt amazing
- I learned the key for being balanced = there’s a time to rest and a time to run hard!
- I made working out a priority by squeezing in workouts such as squats and taking the stairs when I couldn’t do a full workout routine.
Better yet, I’ve also learned 4 important things about myself, my fitness habits and my diet during the 4-week SHRED plan…
- Counting calories is key – NO guessing allowed! Counting my calories helped me realize my weakness for breads. It also showed me I needed to decrease my intake of snacks like nuts and fruit to a healthy daily amount.
- GRITbyBrit Ultimate Body Burn DVD is awesome. I pressed play and was determined to sweat it out. I burned tons of calories while working out and even more throughout the day. I love this DVD and will incorporate the burn series weekly as a strengthen segment.
- BURPEES. I can’t believe the GRITbyBrit Ultimate Body Burn DVD and The 4-week SHRED Plan had me accomplishing burpees! Although I am still weak in this area to simply do more than one is a major accomplishment. I pushed myself and could hear Brit’s voice pushing me too! Mission accomplished!
- Maintaining a Healthy lifestyle is an ongoing effort. I learned what works for me and my body. I learned many areas I was weak in and started to adjust and make plans for weeding them out. In terms of diet, it isn’t about being “raw” or “organic” but more importantly about finding what works for you. For me, I learned I was a lazy vegetarian who was enjoying too many potatoes, nuts and processed soy products. I also learned due to some of my bad eating habits, my body wasn’t getting critical minerals such as omega-3s. I’ve made some good diet adjustments. While I’m not perfect, I have definitely made many strides and am happy to see what I have done. The end of the 4-week SHRED is just the beginning of even bigger, better and healthier things to come for me 🙂
Get your copy at AMAZON or at my eStore!
It’s launch day – YAY! The time has finally come and I’m so excited to share my passion, energy and positive fitness spirit with you in video mode! Purchase your copy of GRIT by Brit Ultimate Body Burn ASAP – it will certainly be one of the best decisions you make this year!
You must have GRIT to make it through this workout! GRIT by Brit Ultimate Body Burn is a high-intensity, total body 30 minute workout set to endorphin-pumpin’ music (fun is SO necessary). It also includes a bonus 20 minute core, booty and thigh workout! This fitness method utilizes light-medium hand weights to maximize calorie burn and guarantee intensity without building bulk. Kick Boxing, Athletic Drills, Plyometrics, Pilates, Anaerobic Intervals and Resistance training are also incorporated for a complete, exciting workout that hits every major muscle group while keeping your heart rate elevated. You can get it all – effective, fun total body fitness and time to handle your busy schedule!
There’s two ways to purchase the DVD:
- My eStore : https://www.createspace.com/353954
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/GRIT-Brit-Ultimate-Body-Burn/dp/B009WSBHAI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351692145&sr=8-2&keywords=grit+by+brit
Have FUN, SWEAT and get FIT with
Brit & the GRIT Girlz!
You are stronger than you think you are! #GRIT