The past couple of weeks I’ve gotten pretty sloppy with my diet :/ I’ve done a good job keeping up with my workouts, but my food choices could be much healthier. This weekend I took mental note of my favorite “fit snacks” and am going to try to have them handy so that it’s easier for me to make healthy choices . Keep in mind that I’m a new vegetarian (officially 2 months strong) so everything I picked is “veggie friendly.” Here’s my list – enjoy!
1. All Natural Peanut Butter & Banana. Either “straight up” or in frozen sandwiches like below.
2. Carrots & Hummus – not very exciting, but always tasty and gets me my daily dose of Vitamin A!
3. Kale Chips – be careful about getting flavored ones though. While they are tasty, they sneak in extra calories that can pile up…
4. Apples dipped in Greek Yogurt – I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top or maybe drizzle some honey if I really have a sweet tooth.
5. Almonds and prunes – This combo is high in fiber and will clean you out real good 😉
What’s in your top 5 favorite fit snacks?