Alright Gang – it’s that time of year. I can’t believe we are only 2 weeks away from Christmas! In my lifelong efforts to be like Oprah, I’ve compiled Brit’s Fit Holiday Gift Picks (my version of Oprah’s Favorite Things). Unfortunately, I’m NOT a baller and you will NOT receive a free gift set of the items above. However, because I’m in the Christmas spirit, I will send a free GRIT by Brit workout tank top to the first 20 people who email me their preferred color (black or blue), size and mailing address (email email@example.com). You’re welcome
So let’s get to right to it. My holiday fitness wish list goes a little something like this…
- OMG That’s Paleo? Recipe Book ($19.85) – So I started following Juli Bauer on Instagram and quickly became a fan of her blog/social media community PaleOMG. Her recipes are super savory and made with the fitness enthusiast in mind. She gets creative with the Paleo diet which is awesome if you’re sick and tired of eating the standard “burger no bun.”
- Quest Bars Variety Box ($26.99) – If you guys remember my post on the Best and Worst Nutrition Bars, Quest Bars topped my list due to their low sugar, high protein, high fiber and great taste. There are SO many yummy Quest bar flavors, so I would love a variety box. They are also convenient “meals on the go” especially when I ‘m traveling for work.
- Nike FlyKnit Multi Colored Sneakers ($129.90) – I’m a Nike FREE junkie partially due to functionality, but mostly due to style. However, the new Nike FlyKnit sneakers are supposed to be really light, flexible and comfortable. Also, they have this cool multicolored print that I love. I will definitely be getting some of these. Probably 2 pairs.
- Lululemon Reversible Wunder Under Yoga Pants ($92)- These leggings are bold fuchsia on one side and black on the other. Plus they fit like a glove and give your booty a nice little lift. I would wear these to yoga and then continue to wear them to prance around in the grocery store – word.
- Nike Twisted Headband ($15) - Because I’m a headband junkie, 2 different types of headbands made my list. This one is a new design by Nike that’s also very wide and twists like the Turban one. However, this is made of dri-fit moisture-wicking fabric and looks more sporty. I will wear this one to the gym and actually workout in it. I REALLY want one. Bad.
- Puma Women’s All Sport No Show Socks ($14) – These socks are the perfect texture – not too thick and not too thin. They keep my feet relatively dry during sweaty workouts and don’t show at all. Simple and effective. Just my style.
- Up 24 by Jawbone ($149.95) – So, you guys already know I’m obsessed with my Jawbone UP wristband. I wrote a product review a few months ago and my only beef was that there is no blue tooth capability. Well, that’s not the case anymore! The new and improved Jawbone UP 24 now has blue tooth capability so you don’t have to manually plug it into your iPhone to sync. I like to think I influenced that product enhancement.
- Focus T25 by Shaun T & Beach Body ($119.85) – As much as I want to be a Shaun T hater, he has a way of sucking me in. I’ve never tried Insanity, but I’m intrigued by this new T25 program. Essentially, the program is like Insanity but more “focused.” Each workout is only 25 minutes long and is promised to deliver the same results as a longer workout. Also, since I’ve come to the realization that I can only do a home workout for 30 minutes before I start to zone out, I’m even more eager to try T25. I plan start the Focus T25 program the day after Christmas. I’ll give it a formal GRIT by Brit review and share with you guys.
- C9 Champion Cold Weather Pull Over Fleece ($21.24) – This is super cute, super warm and super inexpensive. You can get it at Target. Enough said.
- Bosu Ball ($79.95) – Like 3 years ago I had a personal trainer and he always made me do Bosu Burpees and Bosu Plank stability drills. Since then I kind of stopped because I usually just go to group fitness classes. But, this holiday season I want to buy a Bosu Ball to keep in my house so I can start incorporating the exercises back into my routine. They are super effective for cardio and strength training. Actually, I’ll do a blog post on my favorite Bosu Ball exercises…
- Tribal Print Turban Headband ($10) – Aren’t these headbands presh? So, I don’t necessarily want to wear these to the gym, I just want to wear them with gym clothes. They come in all different patterns, but the tribal prints are my favorites. They give me the perfect balance of looking chic yet effortless. You can get them on Etsy.
- Olive Oil Deep Conditioning Replenishing Pack ($10 for 3 packs) - These deep conditioning treatments are my saving grace. I sweat a lot. Like my hair is wringing wet after a tough workout. I have to be diligent about hydrating my hair, so I do use one of these replenishing pack treatments each week. It’s a good, weekly, deep conditioning routine especially for women with hair texture similar to mine which tends to dry out.
- Lululemon Yeah Yoga Tank ($58) – How cute is the back on this? I like this tank because it’s supportive for those of us who are bustier, but also cute and sexy with the backless crisscross design. I can wear this to yoga AND to kickboxing because it provides enough support. Also, the fabric is thick and fits very snug, which I appreciate.
- Foam Roller ($15-20) - Foam rolling is my massage substitute. It’s also a good warm up for high intensity workouts (along with some light cardio). The foam roller allows you to massage deep into your muscle fibers, generate heat and break up lactic acid. It’s a really good tool to have around your house if you do lots of high impact and high intensity workouts (i.e Kickboxing, Boot Camps, CrossFIT, etc.).
- Sporty Afros G+ Hair Spray ($5-10) - I started using this product from Sporty Afros after I got a sample in a swag bag. It’s amazing! The spray is made specifically for athletes. So after a workout when my hair is sweaty, I spray it heavily on my roots and lightly on my ends, then comb my hair with a wide tooth comb. It helps prevent breakage and keeps my hair moist. Most importantly, it doesn’t feel greasy. I’m a fan!