Hey gang! My company, GRIT Fitness, is hosting 3 super fun, super sweaty, super FREE community events in the month of September and I’d LOVE to see you there. Check out the dates and descriptions below and join us! xoxo, Brit
Happy Monday friends! My fitness studio, GRIT Fitness, is hosting 4 super fun FREE fitness events in the month of July. If you live in Dallas, you MUST come sweat and smile with me and my inspiring team of instructors! Here’s a run down of the classes we’ll offer – book your spot 🙂
Hey Gang! I hope your week is going wonderfully! As you can probably tell from my sporadic posting, I’ve been heads down in “start-up land” after the grand opening of my 2nd fitness studio, GRIT Fitness – Design District. It’s a such a dream come true to see this 5,000 sqft facility be filled with positive vibes, loud music and lots of sweat!
I’m just wrapping up week 2 of operating and learning a lot! Business expansion comes with lots of joy and also growing pains (I’ll write a full blog post on that later). But today, I wanted to share a crazy-good deal that my team and I are offering: TWO WEEKS of GRIT for just $25!
Enjoy a special, limited-time offer to preview unlimited classes at our new Design District studio from June 20 – July 3. This offer is open to everyone, including current and former clients.
This means all of the Dance Club Cardio, Jazz Funk, Turbo Kick, powerbelle, Body Sculpt, HIIT, Flexin’ Flow & REVOLUTION classes that you can handle. It’s also a great time to check out the awesome amenities including towel service, showers, changing rooms and WiFi lounge!
*Offer valid only during the dates above. Design District Studio only. No exceptions. No transfers.*
If you live in Dallas, I’d love to meet you and WERK you out! Come join the par-tay and have an awesome day! xoxo, Brit
Hey hey friends! I’m still on a high from our Cardio & Cocktails party last Saturday! Over 300 people came to shake it with us at the W Dallas hotel. It was an absolute blast and I want to give a HUGE thanks to our partner, Fabletics for providing awesome swag and adorable outfits! CLICK HERE to checkout the photo album on Facebook!
SO in LUV with our outfits from Fabletics summer collection!
The fun doesn’t stop there, next up is the MAIN EVENT, our “Sunday Funday” Launch Party for the Grand Opening of the GRIT Fitness Flagship studio – woo hoo! The launch party on Sunday, June 5 will include cocktails, light bites, and workout gear offerings to shop by top fitness brands! The GRIT Fitness flagship is located at 1729 Irving Boulevard Suite 101 Dallas, Texas 75227.
Join W Dallas – Victory + my company (GRIT Fitness) for a Cardio Dance Party! Get ready to WERK 33 floors above the Dallas skyline at the hottest fitness event of the year. Burn those calories during a 1 hour dance/cardio infused workout and stay for the after party! We’ve got a cash bar, a DJ on the decks to keep the party bumpin’ and an exclusive SWAG bag to take home.
Besides – who wouldn’t want to go out on the town in workout clothes?
WHEN: Saturday, April 30th | 8PM – Midnight
Doors open at 8PM
GRIT Dance Club Cardio™ Workout 9-10PM
After Party 10PM-Midnight
WHERE: Altitude | 33rd Floor
W Dallas – Victory
2440 Victory Park Lane
Dallas, TX 75219
TICKETS: $20 General Admission
Includes 1-hour Dance Club Cardio™ class, after party and exclusive swag bag.
Show up and show out in your most electrifying, neon fitness gear! Prizes will be awarded to the TOP 5, best dressed party goers of the evening.
ATTENTION ALL GIRL BOSSES! Join me in partnership with Ellevate Network for DFW’s first ever “Sweatworking, ” an innovative, fun (and not to mention efficient!) way to combine networking and exercise all into one.
Before kicking things off, I’ll share a little background about how I started my company and our plans for expansion. We’ll then jump into a 30-minute cardio-inspired workout, followed by refreshments and mingling with fellow Ellevate members and other DFW professional women.
Grab a friend or co-worker, throw on your favorite workout gear, and join us for a fabulous night of calorie-burning and networking. See you there! xoxo, Brit
Photo by Thomas Garza Photography for DFW Style Daily
Hey Hey friends! I hope you had an awesome Easter weekend! I enjoyed some much-needed family time and good food. Also did quite a bit to shopping for equipment for the new GRIT Fitness Flagship Studio. It’s almost time for the Grand Opening – eek!
My sister/workout buddy and me after church on Easter Sunday!
With warmer weather on the horizon, I want to share my 6 favorite sculpting moves to help us get “Summer Body ready! As a group fitness instructor, I get asked all the time, “How can I get more toned and defined?” The simple answer is, “Start strength training 2-3 times per week.” Now let me clarify, the 5-minute arm circuit with 1-3 pound dumbbells during spin or barre class doesn’t count. Our bodies need real resistance training with weights that are heavy enough to actually build lean muscle mass and increase metabolism. Also, there’s no need to worry about getting “bulky” with high repetition workouts, such as this one. So let’s get started!
For a super sweaty sculpting session, start with a 5 minute warm up jog. Then grab a pair of 5-10 pound dumbbells and complete 20 reps of each exercise below. Repeat the entire sequence 3 times. Be sure to stretch for 5-10 minutes once complete.
1. Squat with Upright Row – Start in a wide stance, with your heels pointing in and toes pointing out. Hold both weights down in front of your hips then lower into plié’ squat so that weights come near knee-level. Push through your heels to stand back up while driving your elbows upward so that weights come up to chest level. Repeat.
2. Reverse Lunge with Bicep Curl – Stand with you feet hip-width apart holding one dumbbell in each hand. Take a big step back with one foot, and then lower your back knee into a lunge position so that both legs make 90-degree angles. In the lunge position, curl both dumbbells up towards your shoulder for a bicep contraction. Lower the dumbbells back down by your side. Then push through your front heel to stand back up and step your back foot forward to meet the other. Repeat.
3. Push Up with Shoulder Tap – This is a body weight exercise (no dumbbells needed). Start in a plank position either on your knees or your toes. Do a push up and ensure your chest comes down to elbow height. Between each push up, tap your hand on your opposite shoulder alternating hands between reps.
4. Plank Row – Start in a plank position holding one dumbbell in each hand. Keeping your hips square to the ground, row one elbow up so that the dumbbell comes level with your chest. Lower the dumbbell and repeat on the other side.
5. Bridge Pose with Chest Press – Lay flat on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground. Hold one dumbbell in each hand at your chest. Raise your hips off of the ground into a bridge pose and then press the dumbbells up so that your arms are straight. Keeping your hips off of the ground, lower the dumbbells back to your chest and repeat.
6. Russian Twist – This is one of my favorite ab exercises! Start in a seated position on the ground with your knees bent. Hold both weights at your chest and lean back into a 45 degree angle. Twist your torso side to side and feel a deep contraction in your oblique muscles.
If you live in Dallas and want more sculpting exercises, join me and my team for a Body Sculpt class at GRIT Fitness. Make it a great week! xoxo, Brit