Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying your weekend and looking forward to a wonderful week ahead. As you plan for your weekly grind, I just wanted to share a little nutritional nugget of wisdom. Now, you guys know that I firmly believe getting an early start to the day. That’s right, 5:30 am wake up call! There are numerous wellness benefits of being an “early bird“ - get up and get that worm! Not only does waking up early help your productivity, but doing so also entices you to eat breakfast which gets your metabolism going.
When it comes to weight-management, studies show, it’s not just HOW MUCH you eat but WHEN you eat that affects your weight. Long story short, here’s why you should eat your BIG meals EARLY in the day and skip late night snacking…
- People who eat after 8pm have higher Body Mass Indexes (BMI) than those who don’t
- Calories consumed at night are not processed as efficiently as those during the day
- Sleep disruption is likely if your stomach is working hard to process food
- You are likely to eat larger portions later in the day than earlier (Weil Cornell Medical Research)
- At night, you are most likely eating out of boredom, NOT because you are genuinely hungry
That said, you’re probably now asking, “How can I consume calories earlier in the day instead of later?” Well, search no further. I put together this list of 5 Tips to Eat Breakfast Like a King and Dinner Like a Beggar. Check it out
Consume at least 400 calories for breakfast
Eat protein at breakfast and lunch
Have a hi-fiber snack before and after lunch
Don’t eat after 8:00 pm
Go to bed early!