Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I’m headed back to Dallas today after spending a fun-filled weekend in Tampa, FL with my family. The weather was amazing and we spent lots of time by the bay (I’ll post pics later). Now that Thanksgiving is over, I’m in full-on Winter planning mode. That means stocking up on winter workout gear and planning my cold weather workouts. Here are 5 tips that help me stay active and fit despite the cold:
1. Out with the old and in with the new – I tend to save my hardcore house cleaning for springtime, but lately I appreciate late Fall/early Winter cleaning. It’s like I’m clearing out my old stuff to start the New Year fresh! It also keeps me active and prevents me from sitting on my couch wishing for warmer weather.
2. Bundle up and head outside – Quite naturally I prefer to stay indoors during the Winter, but a three mile outdoor run can do the body lots of good. Not to mention, it’s a great opportunity soak up some Vitamin D. Target® C9 has fantastic cold gear to keep you warm during a Winter run. I’m a big fan of their neon beanies! Quick Tip: Avoid wearing cotton as it releases body heat. Go for dri-fit or wool materials instead.
3. Fire up your vinyasa flow – I LOVE hot yoga in the Winter. Flowing through a sun salutation in a warm studio is the perfect way to stay active and escape the cold. It’s also great for joint flexibility and mental clarity.
4. Get creative in the kitchen – Instead of going out to eat, research some cool recipes and cook up a creative dish! We burn at least 3 times as many calories preparing a home-cooked meal versus going out to eat.
5. Tune in to YouTube – YouTube is a fantastic source of fun, free fierce workout videos. I have several on my channel, as do many of my fitness blogger friends. If you’re not willing to brave the cold, stay active indoors by knocking out a quick YouTube workout.
How do you stay active in cold weather?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Target® C9 through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Target® C9 all opinions are my own.