As we savor the last few days of Summer, I wanted to share a workout my friends and I did last weekend in Miami. The workout is fun, simple and effective (instructional photos are below). Give it a whirl this Labor Day weekend and let me know how it goes. Lots of love, Brit
It’s almost Summer! In less than 3 weeks I will be lying beach-side in Santorini and Mykonos, Greece! I’m SO excited. I’ve never been to Greece before. Have you?
Last year I went to Monaco and Italy which was AMAZING. In preparation for the trip, I designed an Extreme Bikini Body workout which got me in tip-top shape. I felt tight and toned in the Côte d’Azur! Below is a throw back pic from Summer 2012 at the Monte Carlo Beach Club!
Now, it’s time to get bikini ready yet again! So I made a new and improved EXTRA Extreme Bikini Body Workout. I plan to do this workout 4 times in the next 3 weeks to get me in super bikini shape. On my off days, I plan to do power yoga and my teach my regular cycling and PiYo classes.
The workout is very intense with heavy cardio and lots of focus on the core – it’s designed to burn 1,000 calories! Simply getting through the workout requires at lot of #GRIT which makes us feel strong and confident. After all, confidence is the most important thing we need to look awesome in a bikini 🙂
Got a beach trip coming up? Try the workout for yourself
Yay for bikinis! Luv, Brit
Brandon has officially completed his GRIT by Brit #OperationTahiti plan. In case you missed the plan, CLICK HERE to see the details and maybe even try it for yourself. Today, Brandon sent me his final update and on his way to TAHITI!
He did an awesome job. In his own words, here are his results…
- I added 4 lbs to get to 167 lbs and feel good about that weight
- Definitely feel like my core is much tighter and cut vs. when I started
- I’m starting to see the definition and base of strength come back into my chest, biceps, triceps and shoulders vs. when I started
- My legs hate me right now…definitely still sore and need to do more work on my quads and hamstrings going forward
- On the cardio front, I have definitely noticed come improvement. However, I still need to put in some more work to get to where I want to be. This will be a never ending battle. Us former track sprinters always hated the distance folks, right?
BEFORE and AFTER
Hey guys – meet one of my DEAREST college friends, Jan. Many people think that Jan and I became friends because we were both varsity athletes, but I know that we TRULY bonded over our love for football players 😉
Jan now lives in Chicago, works in the fashion industry and is constantly on the go. She likes to workout but is looking for a plan to get her out of her usual routine and beach body ready for our summer vacay!
However, keep in mind that Jan only has time to workout for 1 hour each day and no more than 5 days per week. Also, she a has a history of knee and ankle injuries so high-impact workouts are a “no go.”
That said, I put this 4-week plan together which incorporates several of the workouts and nutrition tips previously posted on GRITbyBrit. Every week, Jan will provide you guys with an update on her progress and a picture of her body getting hotter by the day! WISH HER LUCK – go Jan!
Links to workouts mentioned above:
- Six Pack by Summer Workout: https://gritbybrit.com/2012/04/22/six-pack-by-summer/
- KILLER legs Workout: https://gritbybrit.com/2012/04/23/get-killer-legs-in-your-living-room/
- Medicine Ball Workout: https://gritbybrit.com/2012/04/28/melt-fat-at-home-with-a-medicine-ball/