Pic from my photo shoot! This pic is hanging in the windows of Neiman Marcus – how cool!
Hey friends! I have some awesome news to share today. Last month, I was formally announced as a winner of the Neiman Marcus Faces of Beauty contest! The Faces of Beauty Contest started 5 years ago as Neiman Marcus began “highlighting women from across the country that have cut through the clutter and are achieving great things.” One of my clients at GRIT Fitness nominated me for the award without me even knowing and I won! 5 winners were selected out of over 1,000 applications. I’m so honored, grateful and over-the-moon excited.
The past few weeks I’ve had some once-in-a-lifetime experiences so I wanted to share. As a winner I received these awesome goodies:
- Full makeover and photo shoot for a feature in THE BOOK and for my pic to be displayed in the store windows
- Luxury hotel accommodations at the Joule in Dallas
- Participation as a panelist in the NM Beauty Symposium
- A celebration dinner with Neiman Marcus executives (so inspiring to chat with these #girlbosses)
- Hair styling, makeup application, and a private fitting with a Neiman Marcus stylist
- $1,500 in cosmetics and fragrances—and the wardrobe from the fitting (Loving my Vince leather jacket and Milly dress!)
Pretty sweet huh? Here are some pics from the Beauty Symposium that happened 2 weeks ago.
All of the winners being escorted to a welcome dinner!
I got to meet the other 4 winners and I was SO inspired by their journeys. From fellow small business owners to writers, each girl had so much passion and perseverance for make positive change in her area of interest.
We even got to have dinner with VP Creative Director and the VP of Beauty for Neiman Marcus. #girlpowerAnd of course I got the most amazing makeover and styling session! I felt like pretty woman 🙂
Last but not least, we all spoke on a panel and shared our stories of how we are “making some noise” in our respective areas. Of course I gave major props to the #GRITFAM for being the most positive, uplifting women’s fitness community in the world!
After the panel we enjoyed sips, bites and a photo booth…
I left the Beauty Symposium feeling energized and ready to keep growing GRIT Fitness to impact as many women and possible. This was truly a “stop and smell the roses” experience for me. I’m living my dream and I’m so very grateful. BUT the exciting part is that I know best is still yet to come. Not only for me, but for you too! xoxo, Brit