Hello friends! Please join me for my 21 Day GRIT Challenge! I’m excited to share my personal tips and philosophies to getting stronger mentally, physically and emotionally. This program connects the dots between physcial fitness, spiritual inspiration and mental toughness. If you’re need of some genuine, authentic motivation, this is the program for you!
I believe that mental grit (i.e. passion and perseverance for long term goals) can be learned and we are capable of being gritty and great at whatever we do! The key is to practice daily habits that make us stronger. During this 21 days, we’ll train our minds to support the pursuit of our biggest dreams!
Kick Off Workshop
21 days of unlimited GRIT Fitness classes to all locations (OR participate virtually via the GRIT by Brit app)
Law of Attraction Seminar
Brit’s Healthy Habits Guide & Tracking Workbook
Workout Planning Tips
Participation in private GRIT 21 Day Challenge Facebook Group
Please join me and my team at GRIT Fitness on Saturday, Dec. 10th from 9am-12pm for our 2nd annual Girl Boss Pop Up Shop! We are passionate about supporting women in business and want to create a postive, energetic enviroment for women owned businesses to show off and sell their products and services.
You can enjoy awesome holiday shopping and fun sweat sessions! We’ll offer 2 complimentary community classes:
– 9:00am Dance Club Cardio w/ Jackie
– 10:30am Body Sculpt w/ Brit (yours truly)
Here’s the link to get details and RSVP on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/events/214011032356181/
Happy Monday friends! My fitness studio, GRIT Fitness, is hosting 4 super fun FREE fitness events in the month of July. If you live in Dallas, you MUST come sweat and smile with me and my inspiring team of instructors! Here’s a run down of the classes we’ll offer – book your spot 🙂
Hey hey friends! I’m still on a high from our Cardio & Cocktails party last Saturday! Over 300 people came to shake it with us at the W Dallas hotel. It was an absolute blast and I want to give a HUGE thanks to our partner, Fabletics for providing awesome swag and adorable outfits! CLICK HERE to checkout the photo album on Facebook!
SO in LUV with our outfits from Fabletics summer collection!
The fun doesn’t stop there, next up is the MAIN EVENT, our “Sunday Funday” Launch Party for the Grand Opening of the GRIT Fitness Flagship studio – woo hoo! The launch party on Sunday, June 5 will include cocktails, light bites, and workout gear offerings to shop by top fitness brands! The GRIT Fitness flagship is located at 1729 Irving Boulevard Suite 101 Dallas, Texas 75227.
ATTENTION ALL GIRL BOSSES! Join me in partnership with Ellevate Network for DFW’s first ever “Sweatworking, ” an innovative, fun (and not to mention efficient!) way to combine networking and exercise all into one.
Before kicking things off, I’ll share a little background about how I started my company and our plans for expansion. We’ll then jump into a 30-minute cardio-inspired workout, followed by refreshments and mingling with fellow Ellevate members and other DFW professional women.
Grab a friend or co-worker, throw on your favorite workout gear, and join us for a fabulous night of calorie-burning and networking. See you there! xoxo, Brit
Photo by Thomas Garza Photography for DFW Style Daily
Hey Hey friends! I hope you had an awesome Easter weekend! I enjoyed some much-needed family time and good food. Also did quite a bit to shopping for equipment for the new GRIT Fitness Flagship Studio. It’s almost time for the Grand Opening – eek!
My sister/workout buddy and me after church on Easter Sunday!
With warmer weather on the horizon, I want to share my 6 favorite sculpting moves to help us get “Summer Body ready! As a group fitness instructor, I get asked all the time, “How can I get more toned and defined?” The simple answer is, “Start strength training 2-3 times per week.” Now let me clarify, the 5-minute arm circuit with 1-3 pound dumbbells during spin or barre class doesn’t count. Our bodies need real resistance training with weights that are heavy enough to actually build lean muscle mass and increase metabolism. Also, there’s no need to worry about getting “bulky” with high repetition workouts, such as this one. So let’s get started!
For a super sweaty sculpting session, start with a 5 minute warm up jog. Then grab a pair of 5-10 pound dumbbells and complete 20 reps of each exercise below. Repeat the entire sequence 3 times. Be sure to stretch for 5-10 minutes once complete.
1. Squat with Upright Row – Start in a wide stance, with your heels pointing in and toes pointing out. Hold both weights down in front of your hips then lower into plié’ squat so that weights come near knee-level. Push through your heels to stand back up while driving your elbows upward so that weights come up to chest level. Repeat.
2. Reverse Lunge with Bicep Curl – Stand with you feet hip-width apart holding one dumbbell in each hand. Take a big step back with one foot, and then lower your back knee into a lunge position so that both legs make 90-degree angles. In the lunge position, curl both dumbbells up towards your shoulder for a bicep contraction. Lower the dumbbells back down by your side. Then push through your front heel to stand back up and step your back foot forward to meet the other. Repeat.
3. Push Up with Shoulder Tap – This is a body weight exercise (no dumbbells needed). Start in a plank position either on your knees or your toes. Do a push up and ensure your chest comes down to elbow height. Between each push up, tap your hand on your opposite shoulder alternating hands between reps.
4. Plank Row – Start in a plank position holding one dumbbell in each hand. Keeping your hips square to the ground, row one elbow up so that the dumbbell comes level with your chest. Lower the dumbbell and repeat on the other side.
5. Bridge Pose with Chest Press – Lay flat on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground. Hold one dumbbell in each hand at your chest. Raise your hips off of the ground into a bridge pose and then press the dumbbells up so that your arms are straight. Keeping your hips off of the ground, lower the dumbbells back to your chest and repeat.
6. Russian Twist – This is one of my favorite ab exercises! Start in a seated position on the ground with your knees bent. Hold both weights at your chest and lean back into a 45 degree angle. Twist your torso side to side and feel a deep contraction in your oblique muscles.
If you live in Dallas and want more sculpting exercises, join me and my team for a Body Sculpt class at GRIT Fitness. Make it a great week! xoxo, Brit
Hey hey friends! I’m SO THRILLED to share a construction progress update today because SO MUCH has been accomplished in so little time.
So, this week all of the former walls in the facility were demolished leaving this huge open space…
and by the end of the week, the new wall frames and sheet rock were constructed – YAY!
This is a major milestone because the new GRIT FITNESS flagship studio will have 2 studios under 1 roof: 1 group fitness studio + 1 indoor cycling studio. (It’s also just super cool to actually see the future floor plan in real life – not just on construction drawings).
I’m big believer that variety is the spice of life and the key to an effective fitness regimen, so I’m super keen on providing continuous variety to my clients AKA the #GRITFAM. Offering cycling classes in additional to our 7 original group fitness classes is a phenomenal sweaty combo!
Furthermore, we made more great progress on the locker room. Last week the locker room looked like this (NO plumbing)…
This week the trenching for plumbing got underway and we are on track to install showers!
We still have lots of work to do (e.g. flooring, lighting, sound, decor) but the BIG construction efforts are well underway and almost done. Summer will be here before we know it and I can’t wait to offer more of our fun, fierce fabulous fitness classes to the Dallas community.
It’s not too late to back our campaign and help make this vision come to life. We can’t do it without you! Thank you so much for the contributions, kind emails and words of encouragement so far. You are loved and appreciated. #thebestisyettocome