It’s Day 3 of my “Love Your Body” series, and today I encourage you to Drink Up (water that is). H2O is vital for your vigor. On days that you exercise, drink at least 2 liters (4 over the counter-size bottles) and on days that you don’t exercise shoot for at least 1 liter. Doing so allows you to reap lots of luscious health benefits.
Love water to love your body…
- Faster Metabolism. “Eight glasses of water a day not only prevents dehydration, but increases resting metabolism.” – University of Utah Study
- Regular Digestion. The right amount of Fiber and Fluid keep you “regular.” My magic cleanse formula has always been 1 apple and 1 bottle of water 😉
- Calorie Control. Being well hydrated makes you feel full, so you eat less. Also, since water has zero calories, you can keep your mouth busy with no penalty.
- More Energy. Water energizes your muscles so they can fire away in your workouts. On the flip side, dehydration makes you lethargic.
- Temperature Control. Adequate H2O keeps your body temperature in check. This is especially important when your working out or in a hot climate.
- Balanced Bodily Fluids. Your body is 60% water which mostly consists of bodily fluids. These fluids are critical for executing your bodily functions. Stay hydrated to keep your bodily fluids in balance.