Today marks the official conclusion of our 3-week New Year Kick-Start Challenge. Candace has been our #GRIT GIRL to lead the way on the plan. You can see her progress by reading the weekly updates that she shared along the way: Week 1 Update, Week 2 Update.
Huge thanks to Candace for being such a good role model – her hard work, good choices and smart decisions have been an inspiration to us all. Way to “kick-start” 2013 with good health and happiness!
Candace’s Week 3 (and final) Update
“Week 3 went well, I’ve lost a total of 5 lbs during the challenge. I’m well on my way to my 12 pound weight loss goal! I definitely liked the plan and I’m going to keep it up until I reach my goal. I really enjoyed the various cardio options and the tips you provided along the way were great motivation. Thanks Brit!”
New Year New You!
Get to Know Candace
- GOAL: lose 10-12 pounds and 2-3 inches
- Exercise: I currently do PiYo, 24 Cycle and TRX training, but I would like to incorporate more cardio options. I like Turbo Kick, but I’m not very coordinated, so I feel like I’m not properly maximizing my efforts in the class. I’ve considered trying an actual boxing class and I’m open to any other recommendations you have.
- Focus areas: I would really like to tone my upper body, core and lower body (basically all over!). I also would like to increase my endurance for strengthening exercises.
- Diet: I have a major addition to sugar, more so sweets (chocolate, cookies, cupcakes). I know I have to practically eliminate sugar to get the results I’m seeking, so I have a strict eating plan that I’ve used in the past that I’ll try again. Any suggestions you can provide would be helpful. I don’t really have any other major eating problems, I generally stay away from salty snacks, beef/pork, bread, fried foods and fast food. I love fruits and veggies, so I need to stock up for generous portions each day. I also need to focus on increasing my water intake, I usually only consume 40-50oz. per day.
Brit’s 3-week Plan for Candace
- Start Date: January 7, 2013
- End Date: January 27, 2013
Check back every Monday for Candace’s progress report and see how she knocks out these 10 pounds! If you are looking for a New Year Shape Up Kick Start, try the plan yourself!