Happy Thursday my friends. I hope your week is going well. It’s freezing cold in Dallas today – WTF! I’m so not ready for cold weather, boo! I just finished teaching my usual, back to back cycling classes at BEYOND Pedaling and when I left the studio I felt like my sweat immediately transformed into icicles.
Fortunately, I have no plans this evening so I’m going to curl up at my bachelorette pad and cook a yummy dinner. I recently had a delicious butternut squash pizza at True Food Kitchen (love that place) which got me in full-on “butternut squash recipe mode.”
I bought myself a butternut squash earlier this week and just just chopped it up and roasted it. The squash I bought is huge, so I can make lots of different dishes. I did some web research and discovered 5 butternut squash recipes that I’m determined to try before the end of the month. They all look amazing!
Nutrition Tip: Not only is this butternut squash delicious, it’s loaded with anti-oxidants, fiber and Vitamin A (more Vitamin A than pumpkins). It’s also low in calories (only about 45 per serving) and has no saturated fats or cholesterol.
Have you made any of the dishes below? Let me know!
5 Butternut Squash Recipes I Love
- Baked Cottage Cheese & Almond Butternut Squash from Ripped Recipes
- Butternut Squash, Spinach & Goat Cheese Pizza from SELF.com
- Butternut Squash Quinoa with Kale, Cranberries, Walnuts and Goat Cheese from Stuck on Sweet
- Mashed Cinnamon Squash with Almond Butter from The Scrumptious Pumpkin
- Butternut Squash, Carrot & Ginger Soup from with Syle & Grace