Hi GRIT Gang! Here’s a detox drink recipe that my lovely mommy shared with me. I can’t wait to try to it – sounds amazing! Right off the bat, I think it’s a good look because it has very simple, healthy ingredients. Also, it’s extremely affordable and easy to make. Here are the details:
- 2 lemons
- ½ Cucumber
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 3 quarts of water
- Chop the lemons and cucumber into thin slices
- Pour 3 quarts of water into a large container and mix in the mint leaves, cucumber and lemon slices.
- Let the detox solution sit overnight and drink it first thing in the morning – enjoy!
Top 5 Benefits of Brit’s Delicious Morning Detox Drink
- Get Lean – The morning detox drink is filling and hydrating. Drinking it first think in the morning will prevent you from immediately going for an unhealthy breakfast option. Also, substituting the detox drink for your daily glass of juice can reduce your calorie intake by 100-150 calories!
- Glowing Skin – For our skin to look healthy, it’s got to be hydrated. When our bodies are dehydrated, our eyes look sunk-in and wrinkles and dark under-eye circles are more visible. Hydrating your body first thing in the morning (before the cup of coffee) is critical for sustaining your glow.
- No Sniffles – Lemon water provides vitamin C which boosts your immune system. Also, lemon helps reduce fever because it stimulates sweat.
- Stay Regular – The detox drink hydrates your digestive system and stimulates bowel movement. “Lemon helps the bowel to dispose waste, including preventing constipation. The lemon reduces the amount of mucus production in the body, helps dissolve gallstones and acts as a liver cleansing and detoxifying.” Source: Healthy & Natural World
- Eliminate Toxins – The detox drink benefits your liver by increasing the level detoxifying enzymes and improving your liver function as a result. Also, as a natural diuretic, the detox drink will stimulate the secretion of bodily waste.
For best results, I recommend starting every day with the detox drink and making it a new healthy habit. Try it out and let me know what you think. Lots of luv, Brit