Great news friends! I’ve been invited to be an official member of SELF magazine’s #SELFMade Blogger Collective. Hard work certainly pays off. Now you can read some of my super special blog posts on self.com – yay! There are several other fabulous women who have joined the movement, including #SELFmade celebs like Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, and Allyson Felix! I screen shotted a pic from Jessica Alba’s Instagram (below)
I’m #SELFMade because for the past 3 years I’ve been juggling a full-time consulting career, teaching group fitness classes and blogging. There were many days I reached absolute exhaustion and wanted to quit everything, but I’m glad I stuck it out. Hearing your success stories and knowing that I can make a positive difference in the lives of others makes everything worthwhile.
From your comments and emails, I KNOW that you’re #SELFmade too. Thanks for sharing your gritty stories and continuing to work hard to make your dreams come true. Join the #SELFmade movement by sharing how you’re #SELFMade on Instagram. You can even be entered to win a trip to Hawaii from SELF Magazine! Visit their Instagram profile @SELFMagazine for more details.
Stay #SELFmade! Luv, Brit
I have a love/hate relationships with celebrities. I love the aspirational lifestyle, but hate the drama and shallowness. However, there are a few celebrities that truly motivate me to live a healthier lifestyle because they have BOTH a killer body and an awesome work ethic – beautiful on the inside and out, just how we like ’em!
My super star intern, Kendra (follow her on Instagram @socialitedivas), did some research on my favorite celebrities and the workouts that keep their bodies smoking hot. I’m gonna try to incorporate some of these workouts and health tips into my fitness routine. Who knows, I may have Kelly Rowland abs by the end of the Summer – watch out now! 😉
Workout like a rock star! Lots of luv, Brit
- Sprint Intervals
- Eats fish and chicken with vegetables
- Boot camp sessions
- Snacks on Kale chips
- Sit ups
- Eats mostly healthy which includes: fruits, vegetables, grilled fish and meat.
- 1 hr in the gym every other day.
- Cardio few times a week
- Biking and cross training.
- Cardio 3-4 times a week
- Hiking, power walking/jogging, intervals on the treadmill, dancing, spinning.
- Resistance training
- Fresh fruits
- Grains, lean cuts of meat/fish
- Herbal teas and lots of water!
- Loves the basic yoga pose – downward facing dog
- Begin on a non-slip floor on your hands and knees with your knees under your hips.
- Exhale and lift your knees away from the floor
- Press palms into the floor and keep your head between your upper arms
- Hold for 1 to 3 minutes then lower yourself back onto knees
- Cardio & strength training
- Use 3-pound dumbbell in each hand, step forward with one leg bend at the waist and all your arms to hang.
- Round your arms, raise dumbbells to your sides until they’re in line with your shoulders.
- Switch legs after 10 repetitiions aiming for three rounds of 20 repetitions each.
- Bikram Yoga performed in a room in at least 105 degrees.
- Most effective exercises for improving physical fitness
- Make sure to check with a doctor before trying this class as it is not recommended for pregnant women and people with high blood pressure.
- Squats with excercise ball and resistance band
- Cable push-pull
- Plank push ups
- Walking lunges
- Ball hams with excercise ball
- Standing inverted knee tuck with straight back and arabesque extend
- Lean, tuck, kick combo.
- Touch the ground side kick.
- Do at least one hr every other day.
- Triceps dips
- 15 reps of dumbbell chest press
- three minutes of cycling at a fast pace.
- 20 reps of reverse barbell lunges
- 12 reps of military press