Happy Sunday! I wanted to share a little inspiration to get your week started with a positive and optimistic outlook. “Chasing your dream” is much easier said than done. Especially, when you’re at a crossroads in your life and the opportunity cost of fully pursuing your dream is high.
In recent years, I’ve develop my own dream of opening fitness studio in Dallas. Each time I take a few steps forward, I take 3 or 4 steps back because my fears kick in. I often think to myself “I won’t make as much money,” “there are too many competitors,” “can I do this all by myself?”
I found this great article on Forbes.com that really hit home and gave me a little push to quit wallowing in my fears…
The 5 Way s to Overcome the Fear of Chasing Your Dream
By Steven Berglas at Forbes (click the link to read the full article)
- Your fear of taking action is a result of watching yourself fail to act–not the other way around.
- Your fear of losing a paycheck is exaggerated.
- Your fear of launching a start-up stems from knowing someone whose new venture fell flatter than a crepe.
- You won’t sacrifice a paycheck because it would be “wrong, reckless, irresponsible, etc.”
- No one daydreams while watching a Super Bowl game that goes into the fourth quarter with the score tied.
I hope these 5 tips give you the same inspirational kick they gave me. In the near future I expect that my blog posts and your comments will reflect that we finally ditched the fear and went for it! Be on the look out. A Grit by Brit Fitness studio could open soon near you (wink wink)! Send me your positive vibes and I’ll send you mine. Have a wonderful week! xoxo, Brit
What’s your dream? How will you more actively pursue it?