Happy Tone it up Tuesday! Here’s the arm workout that I plan to do tomorrow morning – it’s sure to be a doozy 😉 Try it for yourself – enjoy!
I hope you guys had a great Cinco de Mayo holiday weekend. I spent my weekend in California celebrating a friend’s wedding – it was amazing! The sun was shining and I finally got to wear some of my favorite sundresses. On that note, nothing looks better in a sleeveless sundress than nice toned arms. So, check out this arm workout that I designed to get you on a “Michelle Obama level.” You’ll need 2 medium dumbbells to complete the exercises. This is a nice workout to tag on to the end of a cardio sweat session. You can workout with me in real-time by watching the video (click play above) or do the workout on your own (follow the instructions below). Either way, be sure to try it out and let me know how it goes!
Enjoy rockin’ those sundresses #getitgurl
Here’s an upper body toning workout I designed in aspiration of getting first class guns just like our fierce first lady. The workout focuses solely on the biceps, triceps, shoulders and abs. You don’t need hand weights and can do this workout right in your living room – yay!
The entire workout takes 30 minutes and burns about 200 calories. I’m going to give it a whirl tonight along with 30 minutes of cardio. Try it for yourself and let me know how it goes – enjoy!
Lots of luv,
Good morning everyone! Here’s your Wednesday Workout. I tested this bad boy on Monday night and it’s definitely GRIT by Brit worthy. The workout requires a stationary bike and 2 light hand weights. The key is to stay on the bike and cycle for the entire duration of the workout. It takes about 1 hour to complete and you can expect to burn 500-700 calories. You can also expect to sculpt some lean sexy arms in the process. Try it out and let me know how it goes. Lots of luv, Brit 🙂
- Workout: Body Pump, Les Mills
- Duration: 1 hour
- Calories Burned: 350-550
- Focus: Total body muscle strengthening and toning
- What is Body Pump?: A total body weight lifting class using a bar with weighted plates on each side. There are about 8-10 music tracks and each one has a choreographed weight lifting routine to work a specific muscle group (i.e. legs, chest, back, biceps, triceps, etc.). You can also buy the DVDs and equipment to do the class at home.
Commentary: I try to go to Body Pump at least once a week and when I do, I always feel tight and toned. The music is okay, def not amazing, but the workout is sick – it’ll get you right. I like this class because it’s an efficient TOTAL body strength workout. I appreciate that I don’t have go searching for a weight lifting routine for each body part, I can get it all at once – 1 hour and done. Also, you do a ton of reps for each muscle group so bulking up is not an issue. Instead, your muscles gain endurance and you even get a good sweat!
The Facts: Building lean muscle mass is not only great for your overall health and fitness, it’s also a great way to speed up your metabolism aka BURN FAT! Your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) is the rate that your body burns calories while at rest. RMR is directly related to your ratio of lean body mass. This means, the more lean body mass you build, the more calories and fat you burn while at rest. So get your PUMP ON and get the FAT OFF 🙂
Resistance training has been perhaps the most under emphasized component of the comprehensive weight loss program. – Paula Besson MEd
- Name: Sexy Arms Circuit by Brit
- Focus: Upper body muscle endurance and toning
- Duration: 15-20 minutes
- Calories burned: 50 – 150
- Commentary: Given my extensive experience evaluating celebrities walk the red carpet in sleeveless dresses, I’ve come to the conclusion that there are 3 keys to sexy toned arms:
- Reduce Body FAT – The reality is, the only way to look lean and sculpted is to get rid of excess body fat. You know what that means – eat LESS and move MORE! You can’t show off your sexy arms if excess fat is covering them.
- Sculpt Shoulders – The shoulders are the first part of the arms that people usually notice so it’s key to do several exercises that target the front, side and rear shoulder muscles.
- Tighten Triceps – The back of your arms are the areas that tend to look the flabbiest. So, always make sure that your arm workouts make your triceps feel strong and tight!
Below is my complete “Sexy Arms Circuit.” I made this workout to tone my arms WITHOUT bulking them up. You need to use light weights during the workout (1-2 pounds in each hand) – soup cans are great for this 😉
Make sure to stand up with your back straight, feet hip width apart and knees slightly bent. Do each exercise in the order below WITHOUT resting between exercises. Repeat the entire circuit 3X, take a about 1-2 minutes of rest in between each circuit. ENJOY and get ready to rock your sleeveless sundress!