Hey Gang – Lakshmi has completed her 1st week of the 4-week challenge and is lookin’ mighty fine! Keep up with her progress and send in your notes of encouragement. You can see my comments and words of advice throughout her update. Have a great weekend! - Brit
Week 1 of my Grit by Brit 4-week challenge is almost done. Here are some successes, failures (let’s call them, “opportunities for improvement” – I don’t like the word “failures”) and things I’ve learned. I haven’t lost any weight, but I’m feeling sleeker:
- I rocked the workout schedule. My muscles have been in a constant state of soreness this week (in a good way) – eat a banana to help with soreness
- Chugging water like woah. I may have had more than 2L a day
- I managed to follow the ‘no simple carbs after 4 pm’ rule (for the most part)
- I’ve only been snacking at night. Breakfast and lunch have become my main meals
- I’ve been watching my food intake. Just being conscious of the food I’m eating is an improvement
Opportunities for Improvement
- Well on Sunday, I went to dinner. The menu didn’t say my meal came with rice (I ordered specifically because no carbs were listed). But it did. And I ate it
- I may have gamed the system. Find me around 3:50 pm, you’ll see me downing some carbs in preparation for my 4 pm deadline – this is okay, it’s a start
- Perchance all my eating decisions weren’t all perfect before 4 pm. I could have made healthier choices, but the new hires at work were training in the office and there was SO MUCH extra food. Eating for free v. eating right…it’s a toss up. Penny pinching won
- I could have eaten more vegetables. I found myself having more almonds than raw vegetables
- I’ve hit the 3 drink limit for the week (it was a social week). And I’m going to a wedding this weekend…uh oh
Things I’ve Learned:
- Make others accountable for your eating decisions. Everyone at work knows I’m on the Grit by Brit plan. So when I’m teased by some delicious snack in the office kitchen, my co-workers intervened with some humiliating comment like “you can’t eat that.” You lose all your dignity, but hopefully you also lose your weight
- If you eat a big lunch, you don’t need a big dinner. I’m not hungry right now. I can’t believe it
- Water makes you feel good. I’m finally hydrated!
Questions for Brit
- Can I eat quinoa after 4 pm? Yes in moderation
- Do you have any good recommendations for what to eat at night? Nothing, drink water, why do you need fuel to sleep??
Lots of love boo – keep up the good work!